Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Tuesday 11 March 2014

Postcards!

I am so excited!!!!

I have just won one of Monika Kinner-Whalens beautiful postcards!

Monika's blog is My Sweet Prairie and if you have not visited then you must, right now! She makes the most amazing pictures, mostly based on her local landscape in the Canadian prairies Some of her work is machine embroidery and some is by hand but all of it is just wonderful.

Monika has just released a series of postcards for sale and had a giveaway of one of them on her facebook page. And I won - I can not believe it.

I will show you the one that I chose as soon as I receive it.

In the meantime I have just finished making a few spring themed postcards and my swap card will be on it's way to Annette tomorrow. The swap was organised by the amazing Sheila of Sheila's Quilt World. Again, you will get to see what I made for Annette as soon as she receives her card.

The weather here has been perfect for the last week - clear blues skies so warm sunny days with the odd frost in the mornings. So we have been busy in the garden. This morning we had our annual bonfire, mainly to dispose of the prunings from our buddleia trees plus any other prunings that we have accumulated over the winter.

It is lovely to see the garden coming to life and all the colourful spring flowers blooming.

And so I have moved on to my spring block for the Crazy Quilt Along 2014. For me spring is all about bright, vibrant greens punctuated by the jewel bright colours of golden daffodils, ruby red tulips, ultramarine grape hyacinths, purple and orange crocus and bright yellow primroses.

So the basis of my block is vibrant greens


and I plan to add all the other lovely colours in the stitching.

Well, this is my 100th post - thank you to everyone who has been following me.

I had planned to have a give-away on my 100th post but it has suddenly crept up on me! So as I have a big birthday coming up at the beginning of May I shall have my give-away to celebrate that instead.

Happy stitching

Lin


8 comments:

  1. I'm having a fun time this year making fabric postcards. I am focusing on them and have plans to make 350 by the end of December. should allow me to try all sorts of techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, lucky you, it gives you such a good feeling, to win. I'm very happy for you. Lovely and happy colors in your CQ. I really should try some fabric postcards, and give the big quilts some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on such a great win . I have one of Monika 's postcards that I love . I met her a couple of years ago on a visit to Saskatchewan . Her work is just amazing ! Love the fabric you have chosen for your crazy patch block:-). Glad you are enjoying the postcard swap .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a great win Lin - congrats!!
    And it's been lovely to read of your sewing, stitching & travelling adventures - here's to another 100 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lin,

    Great news on your postcard win. Since you have posted about your crazy quilting I have looked up the West Australian Library for some books, hope to get to the library and order them. Good luck with your crazy quilting.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely win! Your crazy block looks so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vibrant greens, so very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your are indeed a lucky gal Monika does fantastic work ....sew much detail. Your post card should be arriving any time now it has been in the mail for about a week... hope you like it.
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.